This blog is here to show you how much you mean to me my darling. Since you came into my life I have felt more warmth and happiness than I ever thought possible and this is just one of the ways in which I hope to show you just exactly how much I love you.

Monday 20 December 2010

A perfect moment

I thought I would share with you what my all time favourite date has been so far.  Not that every date hasn't been amazing and I have of course loved every single one but this one will always stand out in my heart as it was on this date that I knew there was no where else I would rather be or anyone else I would rather be with than wherever you were for the rest of my life.

It was on Wednesday 25th April 2007 during my first ever trip to Umeå.  We had met in person for the first time only a week before and I already knew I was pretty hooked.  You suggested we go and make a fire and we bought some marshmallows from the candy shop on our way.  We walked to a lovely secluded spot which to me just looked like heaven.  It took us ages to get a fire going but I refused to give up and eventually as the sun was setting the fire started not only in the fir pit but deep in my soul.  We had our marshmallows, not all of them ended up in our mouths if you recall and then afterwards we just sat in each others arms and watched the beautiful colours of the sky over Nydala...a truly perfect moment.

It was at that moment I knew that this was special, that I would be coming back to Sweden someday and that it was you who I was destined to be with for all time.  I knew it was you who I wanted to grow old with and have a family with, it was you who I would give my heart to wholly and unconditionally for the rest of my days.
 

For such a simple date it was the most perfect date in the world to me.  I can still hear the crackle of the fire as I held you in my arms to keep us warm and the feeling that I never wanted that moment to end.

You hear people talk of a perfect moment when everything in life just feels right, for me I think this was my first of many and I have you to thank for that.  During that date I gave you my heart and I never want to take it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment